Home Wilfandel House
The Historic Wilfandel House PDF Print E-mail

Wilfandel Club House - frontThe historic Wilfandel house, a great indoor or outdoor wedding location, was built in 1922 by silent film star Ramon Novarro for his brother. The 2 story 6,254 square foot house sits on a beautifully landscaped 18,335 square foot lot. The main house has 5 bedrooms and 4 baths. The servants quarters are detached, above the carriage house. The Wilfandel house is located in the Jefferson park area, in the City of Los Angeles.

Once the Wilfandel Club members purchased the Wilfandel house, the Wilfandel club house rapidly garnered a reputation as the place to hold farewell parties for the young African-American men who went off to fight America’s wars, or for the sons and daughters who were leaving to attend college. The Wilfandel club house provided people of all races with a public meeting place in Los Angeles during the 1950's and still functions in the same capacity to this day.

Over the years, the Wilfandel club house has been one of the primary venues for thousands of wedding ceremonies, numerous community meetings and forums, teas, showers, art exhibits, and dinners.

It is still used today by the members of the Wilfandel Club for meetings, weddings and other functions. The Wilfandel club house is equipped with a full kitchen and has a must see garden. Keep the Wilfandel club house in mind when looking for a wedding venue.

Wilfandel Side Yard.

 

View the Wilfandel house using Google Maps


 
Copyright © 2014 Wilfandel Club of Los Angeles. All Rights Reserved.
 
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow
  • Wilfandel Club Slideshow